Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Youtube Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Linkedin Australian Top 100 Blogs

Sunday 6 April 2014

Whisky Tasting

Whisky Tasting.
Last night my friend took me to my first whisky tasting as a birthday present. This was a different one to a normal whisky tasting as he said normally you sit around and the presenter will tell you about each whisky  and all the flavours. Last night you got a stamp card and could try 10 different single casks. Unfortunately they did forget to stamp them on the passport sometimes our 10 drink was closer to 14/15 drinks. 
    

 There was a mixture of them, one from Japan Kawasaki  and the rest from Scotland like Grants, Ardbeg.  It is always interesting trying so many types over a short period. We started at 4pm and finished at 8pm 

I ended up buying a bottle.
After the tasting we we thought we should go to some cocktail bars We went to Eau De Vie which is a 1950's style bar with the waiters in suits and the drinks are amazing (similar to the Rum house in New york).  I have no idea what I was drinking by that stage. Then we went to 1806 which has newer styles of cocktails.

After waking up this morning I needed my coffee.
We need to go buy coffee beans so we can make pour overs and my favorite Chemex.\

Kind Regards
Dale Stewart 
 

2 comments :

  1. LOL! At least you were coherent enough to take some photos! What a cool birthday present! That is such a pretty chemex, I need to convince Kyle to get one, because pour overs are THE BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is actually a chemex glass which i bought from Orens Daily Grind, http://www.amazon.com/Chemex-CCM-Handblown-Glass-Mug/dp/B00ICKV5CM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396908971&sr=8-1&keywords=chemex+glass+mug
    I bought my Chemex from William Sonoma as it was the cheapest place $36 i think for a 6 cup. the 6 cup is better than 3 cup as there aeration is better.
    Since we bought beans on sunday afternoon. This Saturday i will do a Chemex blog ;) I will tell you about my hand grinder as well

    ReplyDelete