Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Youtube Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Linkedin Australian Top 100 Blogs

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Mount Hotham

Mount Hotham

After a few weeks of planning, it was time to leave the city and head to the snow. It was a beautiful cold day we left (only later to find that it snowed in Melbourne that day). About 5 hrs of driving we got into bright, still about 40 min drive to Mount Hotham.


I love the country, all the history and Alpacas...now who doesn't love Alpacas. By the time we got to start the drive up the mountain it was snowing quite a bit and it was dark.

 Thank god my friend was driving as I hate driving in the mountains when i don't know where i am going. The place we stayed at was like a 2 story apartment. Living / dining / entertainment room and kitchen upstairs. all bedrooms downstairs.
For dinner I had a burger and our friends had Tapas.



 They had a big selection of beers, wine and cocktails.


After dinner we unpacked some stuff.

I love the chips expanded with the altitude. :)






Our view from the kitchen. After our coaching session Kim and I spent the afternoon just enjoying each others company. We did a lot of walking around. 










On the way back we did a 30 min detour to Beechworth, the town where Ned Kelly lived and killed. It is such an amazing town. We went to a famous honey shop.



While in the town our friend told us about a Brewery...who could say no right?



 After a 3 hour drive we finally got home. It has been an amazing relaxing weekend. Spending it with friends and lots of Beer, ribs, whiskey and burgers. 

Kind e-gards
Dale Stewart





3 comments :

  1. YAY! I was hoping that you would do a blog post on this! I have never been skiing, or to see mountains! I am beyond jealous, it really is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Sounds like a fun time. I've never seen an Alpaca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you have Alpaca farms?, their wool is amazingly warm :D

    ReplyDelete